1.1 Health and Safety Policy Statement
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of Jumbo Waste and Metals Ltd (hereinafter referred to as `the
Company`) as required under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
It is the general policy of the Company to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of employees,
contractors, visitors and members of the general public who may be affected by its work activities.
Furthermore the Company will endeavour to comply with its legal duties, responsibilities and obligations under
the relevant health and safety legislation, together with any relevant codes of practice and guidance notes issued
by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
The Company will attempt to achieve these objectives by:-
(1) Providing and maintaining a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and
without risks to health, and complies with all relevant legal requirements.
(2) Providing and maintaining suitable and satisfactory facilities and arrangements for the welfare at work of
(3) Providing and maintaining, so far as is reasonably practicable, premises and other places of work that are
safe and without risks to health, including safe means of access and exit.
(4) Ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, that plant, machinery, equipment or appliances for the time
being on the company premises, or otherwise used by employees, are safe and without risks to health.
(5) Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as
reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of employees.
(6) Ensuring that the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances are, so far as is reasonably
practicable, safe and without risks to health.
(7) Consulting with employees on a regular basis regarding matters of health and safety.
(8) Identifying all reasonably foreseeable hazards and assessing the associated risks with a view to eliminating,
reducing or controlling them.
(9) Reviewing and up-dating of this policy on a regular basis.
(10) Ensuring that all employees have access to a copy of this policy.
Name : J Bowden
JUMBO Waste and Metals Ltd – Oct 15, 2014 – Page 1
Title : Director
Date : 15/10/2014
JUMBO Waste and Metals Ltd – Oct 15, 2014 – Page 2