3.20 Environmental and Waste Management
The Company recognises that it has a responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment and
acknowledges that this includes ensuring that its activities do not have an adverse effect on the local and
The Company will endeavour to control such adverse effects on the environment and to comply with the legal
requirements and duty of care imposed by the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
In particular the following rules and procedures will be applied in relation to this area:
(1) The Company will control and reduce the amount of packaging waste by recycling as much waste products
(2) The Company will implement measures to minimise the amount of waste materials arising from its business
(3) The Company will implement measures to minimise the amount of paper and similar products used within
its business activities.
(4) The Company will control emissions to the atmosphere to the levels set by legal requirements.
(5) The Company will control liquid discharge to within limits set by the Environment Agency.
(6) The Company will implement measures to prevent the escape of waste from its business activities.
(7) The Company will ensure that waste is only transferred to an authorised contractor and provide a written
description of the waste, maintaining records for the minimum prescribed period of two years.
(8) The Company will ensure that all appointed waste contractors are authorised in respect of the different
categories of waste as follows:
The person/s within the Company responsible for implementing and monitoring the rules
and procedures in this area and associated work activities will be:
James Bowden assisted by